How to Disable Cortana on Windows 10
Assuming you would like a detailed section on how to turn off Cortana in Windows 10:
Cortana is a digital assistant that was first introduced with the Windows 10 operating system. She can perform a variety of tasks, such as setting alarms, providing weather updates, and adding appointments to your calendar. You can also ask her questions, and she will provide answers using the Bing search engine.
Although Cortana is a handy assistant, some users may prefer to disable her. This is because she can be a little bit intrusive, and she also uses a lot of system resources. If you’re not a fan of Cortana, here’s how you can disable her on your Windows 10 computer.
First, open the Start menu and type “Cortana” into the search box. Then, click on the “Cortana & Search Settings” link that appears.
Next, scroll down to the “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts, and more” section, and click the switch to turn it off.
Once you’ve done that, Cortana will be disabled and will no longer be able to provide you with information or perform tasks.
How to Disable Cortana on Windows 10
How to disable Cortana in the registry
If you’re not a fan of Cortana, the digital assistant that comes with Windows 10, you can disable it using the registry. Here’s how:
1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
3. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key:
4. If the Windows Search key doesn’t exist, you’ll need to create it. To do so, right-click on the Windows key and select New > Key. Name the new key Windows Search.
5. With the Windows Search key selected, right-click in the right pane and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
6. Name the new DWORD DisableCortana and press Enter.
7. Double-click on the DisableCortana DWORD to open its properties window.
8. Change the Value data to 1 and click OK.
9. Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Cortana will now be disabled.
How to stop Cortana from running in the background
If you’re not a fan of Microsoft’s Cortana digital assistant, you can disable it pretty easily. Here’s how:
1. In the Windows 10 search bar, type “Cortana & Search Settings” and click on the first result.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the switch next to “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, and more.”
3. A pop-up will appear asking if you’re sure you want to disable Cortana. Click “Yes, I’m sure.”
And that’s it! Cortana will no longer be running in the background on your PC.
How to delete Cortana’s data
1. Search for Cortana in the Windows 10 search bar and open the app.
2. Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the Cortana window and select Settings.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings menu and click on the Clear button under the “Clear Cortana’s data” heading.
4. Confirm the action by clicking on the Clear button in the pop-up window.
After following these steps, all of Cortana’s data will be deleted from your device. This includes any stored information like your search history, reminders, and notes. If you ever want to use Cortana again, you’ll need to set it up from scratch.
How to disable Cortana in Group Policy
If you’re looking to disable Cortana in Windows 10 for your business or organization, you can do so using the Group Policy Editor. Simply follow the steps below:
1. launch the Group Policy Editor by hitting the Windows key, typing “gpedit.msc”, and hitting Enter
2. in the left-hand pane, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search
3. in the right-hand pane, double-click on the setting “Allow Cortana” and set it to “Disabled”
4. close the Group Policy Editor and reboot your computer – Cortana should now be disabled!
1) Type “Cortana & Search” in the Windows 10 Search Bar and click on the first result.
2) In the Search window that appears, click the Cortana & Search settings category on the left.
3) On the right, scroll down to the bottom and click the switch under “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more” to turn it off.
4) Close the Search window.